Sunday, November 1, 2009

Top 3 Reasons You Should Love Collegefashion.net

I discovered Collegefashion.net because last year I was searching something -- I don't remember what -- about Blair Waldorf and I stumbled across an article of "How to Dress Like Blair Waldorf". Of course I read it.

I started reading other articles written by Zephyr and immediately loved the website. I mean, there are some articles I'm not 100% with (for instance, the DYI t-shirt scarf...maybe I'm not artsy enough to wear something like that. I suppose it's supposed to be coupled with the plaid button-down and leggings) but I'm going to give you the top three reasons to start reading Collegefashion.net if you don't already:

First: The Gossip Girl Fashion Series

These are written by the original writer for CF so you can put your full trust in these articles. Zephyr obviously took a lot of time to study these characters' fashion preferences and as an obsessive viewer of the fabulous, predictable, over-the-top, show that is Gossip Girl, I love them. The articles are meant to help girls who wish to dress as their favorite character or just need fashion inspiration.

Zephyr's series focuses on the fashion of: Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf (LOVE), the old and new Jenny Humphrey, Georgina Sparks (CRAZY), and Vanessa Abrams (ew).

I wonder if Lizzie McGuire will get her own series? It will have to feature fedoras.

There are also articles written by a new writer of CF, Lisa from Barnard College, of how to dress Gossip Girly for brunettes and blondes for Halloween. They're more about make and hair rather than clothing.

Second: The Top Ten Movies for Fashion Inspiration Series

These are written by one of the new writers for CF, Blair from UNC and I love them! Like the Gossip Girl series, these articles are about finding fashion INSPIRATION from the movies, not necessarily wearing the exact costumes (I mean, I suppose you could if you really wanted to...)

My favorites are Annie Hall, The Talented Mr. Ripley and The Notebook, but there are other movies for differentiating fashion tastes. (Yes, Mallory, Almost Famous is one of them!)

The series is still in the making, but the ones that Blair is writing about are:

-Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) (Like you had any doubt about that one)
-Bonnie and Clyde (1967)
-Annie Hall (1977)
-The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
-Almost Famous (2000)
-The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
-The Notebook (2004)
-Marie Antoinette (2006)
-Sex and the City (2008) (Again, a shoo-in)
-(500) Days of Summer (2009)

Is anyone else disturbed that The Devil Wears Prada wasn't on Blair's list?

Third: The Basic Articles

I call them the "basic articles" because they are the ones for girls just beginning to find their own style. There are a lot of "how-to" articles and lists:

Ten Fashion Tips That Will Never Go Out of Style
8 Fashion Rules you should Follow
7 Fashion Rules you should Break
How to Find your Perfect Colors
A Girl's Guide to High Heels (3 part series)
Wardrobe Essentials for College Girls
Five Style Mistakes Even Smart Girls Make
7 Ways to Create a Wardrobe that Uniquely Yours

And so on.

These are only three reasons to read CF.net regulary! There are the helpful "What do I wear there?" series, the "Would You Wear [insert trend here]?" and so many others. Enjoy!

Too bad I won't get any recognition for giving them free advertising.

Then again, this blog doesn't get too much traffic, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment